Friday, December 30, 2011

FRESH START 2012 Part one: BATHROOM


So, it has been a long time since I updated this blog. A lot of stuff kind of collided at once making blog worthy cleaning and purging difficult. One, I started to panic about a big deadline, which took up probably more time than it warranted but c'est la vie. Two, there was a apartment drama involving my chimney, which left me without heat for a few days out of fear of risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and workers going in and out my apartment for several weeks. Three, the holidays hit which is always a ball full of chaos.


However, now I am back and more ready than ever to tackle this problem. I had the week between Christmas and New Years off, and I used it to take care of errands, clean and organize to get a nice fresh start to the new year. I also had the generous help of my parents to get more done this week than if I was to tackle this project alone. So let us review the improvements.

Enough chit chat! On to the bathroom!

Why? Just why did they choose that color?




When I moved into my apartment it was a cornucopia of bad colors. You see I am cursed with a place that could use quite a bit of work and fixing up and landlord who really doesn't care about it. But at the same time... its a bit of a mixed blessing because they pretty much let's me to whatever I want as long as it doesn't cost them money. 

So when I moved in, with the help of some awesome friends, the mint green and black trimmed bedroom became a lovely off white (though I never did get beyond priming the trim… but that is for another post.) The teeth hurting acidic bright baby blue in the kitchen became a deep blue that marries wonderfully to the white. The mustard beige living room got a coat of my favorite shade of dark green.

What I didn't get around to doing was getting rid of the god-awful lime green from my tiny bathroom. On top of being a terrible color it completely did not match the neutral shaded floral tiles, or the retro yellow linoleum.

Big sigh of relief. 


So after a good cleaning (ewwwwww mold shower corners!) my father and I went to town making the walls "bone white." The room now looks brighter, more appealing and bigger. This allows me to add more storage to the bathroom with shelving over the toilet and decorations without it feeling claustrophobic. We also added toilet paper holder, and my father fixed the medicine cabinet (which was coming apart on the one side) and fixed the switch the over headlight so it actually works,(the light that my landlord somehow never knew was there.)

I also got a fancy shower head as a gift from my family. The over the toilet storage not full in use yet. 


Next up the livingroom!!









1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Muppet! I can't wait to use your bathroom again. lol

    ReplyDelete